With the latest Alice POS release, we’ve added a new way for your customers to pay for your products and/or services. Please note that the new Bolt payment method is only available to US users of Alice POS.
Under this section, you can enable a connected Bolt terminal and select the proper Terminal brand: Clover or Ingenico.
This is where you configure your Bolt device so it can be in synch will Alice POS. The information required here will be provided by the Bolt provider.
- Enable terminal beeps: This will make the device beep until the card is inserted and removed.
- Prompt for amount confirmation on every transactions: Will require customers to confirm the total amount of the transaction.
- Prompt for ZIP during transactions: Will ask the customer for their Zip code to validate the transaction. Applicable only to Ingenico devices.
- Prompt for signature for all transactions: Will prompt customers for their signature to validate the transaction.
- Print transaction receipt on the terminal: Receipt transaction will be printed on the payment terminal. Applicable only to Clover devices.
- Allow manual entry: Requires store clerk to manually enter the credit card number. Once this is enabled, please go to Tools > Card Connect: Bolt > Manual Entry Card so it can be used for the next card.
- Prompt for CVV during manual entries: The CVV code behind the card will be required to complete the transaction.
- Enable tips: Allows you to enable/disable the tip functionality
- Allow custom tip amount: Lets your customers decide the tip amount
- Display total (tip+invoice): The total displayed includes the tip selected
- Preset percentages: Alice POS users can set 3 different pre-configured percentage for tips
Once you’re configured Bolt and using it, we also have additional options to offer you the freedom to manage your device under Tools –> CardConnect – Bolt:
Settlements: Allows you to print the list of Bolt transactions with the batch number found on your invoices.
Manual card entry: Enabling this will require the next Bolt card to be entered manually into the terminal.
Void transaction, current batch…: Allows users to cancel a transaction from the current batch of transactions.
Refund transaction: This option allow users to refund a Bolt transaction.
Terminal list: This option will print a list of current Bolt terminals connected to Alice POS.
Terminal version: Displays the terminal’s version
Connection test: Allows users to test the Bolt terminal connection. Useful to determine possible issues.
If you need help configuring or using your Clover Bolt and/or Ingenico iSMP4 device(s), please consult their respective Cardconnect support page:
While very unlikely, it is possible that certain errors will occur with Bolt. Here’s the few different error messages that can pop up and how to fix them:
This error will prompt if a customer hits the Cancel button.