You can now ship partial customer orders meaning if a customer placed an in-store order, once you have the item in stock, you can now ship it before billing your client.
For the same customer, you can ship multiple orders. Along with Ship&Bill (formerly known as Finalize invoice), this now means that you have three choices: Ship & Bill, Ship and Bill.
First, let’s see how to ship items:
- First, you need a customer with an order
- In the Contact module, make sure that you are in Item navigation view
- Once you have the item in stock, find your customer’s order
- For each item you want to ship, right-click on the item and choose Ship the item. Repeat this step for each item you want to ship
- A Shipment transaction can include items from multiple Orders from the same customer
- Once everything has been added to the Invoice module, you’ll notice that the Invoice type is Shipment. Adjust quantites as needed.
- Finalize the transaction by clicking the Payment button
Here’s how to bill shipped items:
- In the Contact module, select the Invoices tab and make sure you are in Item navigation view.
- Once the merchandise has been shipped, retrieve your customer’s transaction
- For each item you need to bill, right-click on the item and choose Bill item. Repeat as needed.
- Once all your items have been sent in the Invoice module, you will see that the transaction type is Payment
- Finalize the Payment transaction by using the Payment button.
If you bill a partial quantity and a deposit has been placed on the original order, an amount equivalent to the total of the billed items will be deducted from the deposited amount.
If you bill items from different shipments and deposits are linked to the original orders, each billed item will use a portion of the deposit up to the total amount of the billed item.