When a customer requests an item that is currently in your backstore but has yet to be added to your inventory, you can now sell it. This is what we call Negative on-hand or Sale without Inventory.
Note: For your employees to be allowed to do sales without inventory, make sure they have the proper access.
Selling without inventory
- In the Invoice module
- Scan the product that has yet to be added to your inventory
- The following window will prompt:
- Clicking the no Inv. button will sell the product to the customer.
- You can then finalize your invoice as usual.
PICTURE (not ready; language issue)
What happens in your Alice after selling a product with negative inventory
Your products that are sold in negative inventory will be visible in the inventory list of the Inventory module until you have confirmed to Alice that you have received the units.
- Go to the Inventory module and select the Inventory list
- The “F” column will display a blue block next to the item that was sold without inventory.
- Only Serialized and Quantity type items can be sold without inventory. The latter will be serialized in the inventory (not the catalog).
Filling negative on-hand items
Via a supplier purchase
- Scan your product or enter the product manually using the search box in the Invoice module. A new window will pop up asking you which items sold will be covered by this supplier purchase.
- From the Inventory list in the Inventory module, locate your items sold without inventory and add them to your supplier order.
Via the item window
Still under your Inventory list, double click on your sold without inventory item. Select the Action tab and you can fill your inventory in one of two ways:
- Click on the Send Supplier Purchase button. This will add the item to an invoice converted into a Supplier Purchase.
- Click on the Quick Inventory add button. This will prompt the Quick add window.
A new report has been added to the Report module, Inventory department. The report is named Items Sold Without Inventory and it lists items that have not yet been filled by a Supplier Purchase or Quick Add Inventory.