The following is a list of transactions you may carry out on your terminal linked to Alice POS:
How to Cancel a Transaction (Current Lot)
If your terminal transaction was approved but you had to restart Alice, here is what you need to do:
- In the PIN pad menu, select Retrieve a pending invoice.
- In the Pending invoice retrieval window, type your transaction’s Reference number and the amount to reimburse.
- Click OK.
- The information will be sent to your terminal. Your customer will need to proceed on the terminal.
- Once the transaction is completed on the terminal, restart the transaction in Alice.
How to make a Refund with the Terminal
When operating with a semi-integrated terminal, you must absolutely refund an item sold from the original invoice.
There are multiple ways to find your customer’s original invoice:
- In the Invoice window, you can scan the barcode of the invoice
- Or, go to the Contact module, search for your customer and under their Invoice tab, find the invoice in question. Not recommended if you are using the Quick Sale customer.
- Or, use the search button in the Invoice window and enter the invoice number in the window that will appear:
- It will then display the Invoice search results with the searched invoice and the items sold linked to it.
In the invoice search window, find the item you need to refund and right-click on the item.
Select Refund item. This function is used to retrieve the information from the original invoice: the item and price at which it was purchased.
You can close the window and return to the Invoice to complete the transaction.
You can then add items in Sell mode and finalize your transaction.
How to Force the Manual Entry of a Card
- In the Tools menu, select PIN pad.
- Select the option Force manual entry.
- You will need to identify yourself.
- Follow the instructions on the terminal. You will see the following screens in Alice while you perform the operation.
How to Manually Activate a DataCandy Prepaid Card
In the Tools menu:
- First select Prepaid Cards.
- In the sub-menu, select the Prepaid card activation (without payment) option.
- Add the necessary amount in the new window.
- To complete the process, please follow the steps on the terminal.